When it comes to trendy foods, hybrids are at the top right now. In the past couple of years we’ve witnessed the explosion of the cronut, sushi burritos, & even our very own: spaghetti & meatball burger! Each one of these recipes combines your favorite ingredients to make the best foods even better.
So what’s the next big thing in food hybrids? Rice Krispie Crust Pie, of course! The crunchy krispies perfectly complement the smooth berry creamy (see what I did there?!) cheesecake center. It’s the perfect twist on a classic dessert that is always a crowd pleaser. Did I mention you can make it in three simple steps? There’s really no excuse not to take a break from the daily grind to make something your friends are all sure to enjoy, I know mine did! Get your bakin’ and refrigeratin’ on with the recipe below:
Rice Krispie Pie Crust
Author: Public Lives, Secret Recipes
Recipe type: Dessert
- for the cheesecake:
- 1½ stick of butter
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 6 oz condensed milk
- ¼ cup berries, pureed
- for the crust:
- your favorite rice krispie recipe
- baking spray
- In mixing bowl combine cream cheese & butter. Mix on medium speed for about 4 minutes. Add in the milk & sugar. Mix on medium speed for 2 additional minutes.
- Add berries into mixing bowl & mix on medium speed until they are no longer solid (think the fruit in your yogurt, except this will actually be tasty...)
- Line your sprayed springform pan with rice krispies, coating the sides & bottom like a crust would. Pour in the cheesecake filling & refrigerate for 2 hours or until set.
- Slice into pieces & enjoy!
Images & Recipe: Public Lives, Secret Recipes