The combination of salty + sweet is one almost everyone craves at some point in time. Which is why it doesn’t come as much of a surprise that moviegoers are obsessed with the combination of popcorn & Buncha Crunch. Throw some of the candies into freshly buttered, warm popcorn & you’re in for a delight. If you haven’t tried the combination before, it’s one I highly suggest! Yet despite how delicious movie theater popcorn is, it’s loaded with excess calories & only available well, at the movie theaters! So when you’re three seasons deep in Friends & have left a permanent dent in your bed from lying there all weekend long (who me?! never…) what’s a girl to do other than create the recipe herself at home! We used SkinnyPop popcorn as our base & the two ingredient recipe below to create the copycat Buncha Crunch recipe. This recipe makes enough to make two large bowls of popcorn (using only one bag of SkinnyPop) or you can throw all the chocolate into one bowl if you’re looking for a sweeter treat!
- ¾ cup crisped rice cereal
- ¾ cup milk chocolate chips, divided
- Line tray with parchment paper.
- Pour crisped rice cereal into plastic zipper bag. Melt ½ cup of chocolate chips in microwavable measuring cup for 30 seconds. Repeat additional 15 seconds, stirring in between, until smooth. Pour chocolate into bag with cereal & seal to close. Shake until cereal is covered in chocolate. Pour mixture onto parchment paper. Let sit in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Melt remaining chocolate & drizzle over chocolate covered cereal. Place in fridge for 10 hours. Break apart, serve in SkinnyPop popcorn, & enjoy!
***Popcorn C/O SkinnyPop