Sushi Burgers are the latest food hybrid taking the Instagram world by storm. It also happens to be one of our favorite food trends as 1. we love sushi & 2. it’s beyond simple to recreate at home. Now we’ve never made sushi before & let’s face it, the process can be quite intimidating. However this sushi burger, while it might be equally intimidating, it is one of the easiest recipe we’ve ever created. After all, the only ingredient you’re responsible for actually cooking is the rice. Follow the instructions on the back of the bag & you’re golden. From there top it with whatever type of fish (feel free to do a veggie option if you prefer!), sauce, & toppings you’d like. Check out our video below for a quick & easy how-to for this recipe. Looking for a healthier sushi option? Check out our Cucumber Sushi Recipe!
- 1 cup sticky rice
- ½ avocado sliced
- spicy mayo, to taste
- black sesame seeds, a pinch
- pickled ginger, to taste
- sashimi, roughly 5 large slices
- Cook rice according to instructions. Let cool completely.
- Place ⅓ cup of rice in bottom of mini springform pan. Press down. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Place ⅓ cup of rice in bottom of other mini springform pan. Press down. Roll remaining rice into ball shape & place in center of one mini springform pan. Press just the edges down to create a top "bun" shape. Let sit 5 minutes.
- Remove bottom "bun" from pan & place on plate. Top with sashimi, avocado, ginger, & mayo. Remove top "bun" from pan & place on top of the fillings. Sprinkle with black sesame seeds. Serve & enjoy!
*Inspired by Kokalazar.