Spring dressing can often be a very, very confusing task. Rain one day, 90 degrees the next, & even a little snow thrown in there occasionally. That is, if you’re like us & spend your “spring” in Chicago which can’t seem to get it’s seasons straight. Thus it’s a struggle finding an outfit every day that is both practical & fashionable. We’ve put together a list of our favorite “transitional” pieces that can easily adapt from one crazy weather scenario to the next. Shop them below! xo
1. Crop Swimsuit Top: This swimsuit top can easily double as a crop top with high waisted shorts or jeans. This piece will take you seamlessly from a festival day concert to a dip in the pool at night.
2. Sunglasses: An essential part of our wardrobe for pretty much every season, these sunglasses will help shield the bright sun & the glare from the snow because it will most likely happen again…
3. Perfume: While not necessarily a physical outfit piece, this perfume is a must for spring. The floral scent is refreshing after the long, dull winter & can easily be worn into the summer.
4. Hat: Protecting you from rain, snow, wind, & bad hair days all around.
5. Denim Shorts: We love pairing our denim shorts with oversized sweaters in the cooler temps or tanks during the summer. They are the ultimate staple that can be worn numerous ways.
6. Trench Coat: This adorable pastel pink coat is weatherproof, lightweight, & oh so chic.
7. Booties: We’ve been obsessing over these booties at PLSR HQ since they were released. The espadrille platform balances out the suede leather resulting in a bootie made for all seasons. We love how they look paired with shorts, mini dresses, & jeans–definitely #1 on spring must-have list!