Some have a mid-life crisis which typically occurs once in their life usually ranging between 30-50 years old. Others, cough cough PLSR, have a mid-winter crisis. Haven’t heard of this? Well, we bet you’ve experienced it at one point or another. You know when it hits the dead of winter, negative temperatures, snow up to your knees, yet all you can find in your closet is last summers sundress or tank top? Mid. Winter. Crisis.
We’re no WebMD or anything, but we like to define this syndrome as: a crisis or transition in ones life that occurs during significant decrease in temperature and results in trauma forcing one to escape into summer through wardrobe changes.
So yes, we admit, our mid-winter crisis has struck & resulted in last summers romper. To accompany that and completely brainwash ourselves into thinking it was somewhat warm out, we made comfort food coconut rice accompanied by pineapple, our favorite summer snack.
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 8-10 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4 cups water
- ⅔ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup carrot slices
- ¼ cup onion
- ¼ cup peas
- 1 pineapple
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons butter
- a pinch of garlic salt
- side of spicy mayonnaise
- In large saucepan bring rice, 1 tablespoon of butter, & water to boil.
- Let boil for 5 minutes & then cover with tight lid. Bring heat to simmer & let sit for 15 minutes.
- Add in ⅓ cup coconut milk, stir, & let sit another 5-10 minutes, until absorbed.
- In large sautee pan, mix in rice & remaining ingredients.
- Mix on low-medium heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Cut pineapple in half & hollow out inside.
- Add roughly ¼ cup of pineapple to sautee pan & stir.
- Pour rice in pineapple, serve with spicy mayonnaise, & enjoy!