Crack Me Up | Egg Cupcakes | Homemade
Author: Public Lives, Secret Recipes
- for the cupcakes:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) sweet butter, melted
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 tsp salt
- for the frosting:
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4-6 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 large can peach halves
- In bowl, combine butter, sugar, baking powder, salt, eggs, buttermilk, vanilla extract, & cake flour. Mix together with electronic mixer for 2-3 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F & line cupcake tray with liners.
- Bake cupcakes for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Mix together confectioners sugar & lemon juice until thick but smooth.
- Let cupcakes cool & then top with frosting & peach half cut into small circle resembling yolk.