Cute Carbs | Bear Bread Buns | Homemade
Author: Public Lives, Secret Recipes
- 2½ cups flour
- 2¼ tsp instant dry yeast
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2½ tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 175 mL whole milk, warmed to 100-110 degrees
- black edible marker
- In large mixing bowl, combine four, yeast, sugar, & salt.
- Whisk dry ingredients until combined.
- Add milk & egg into the dry ingredients & mix everything together.
- Take the dough out of the bowl & place onto cutting board. Knead dough for about 5 minutes.
- Add the butter & knead dough for another 10 minutes until soft & shiny.
- Put the dough in a lightly greased bowl & cover with saran wrap.
- Let the dough rise for about 1.5 to 2 hours until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Divide dough into small, equally sized round balls (these will be the bear face). Take a pinch of extra dough & roll into circles (to use for the bear ears). Attach the smaller circles to the larger ball with a little warm water.
- Place bears on parchment-lined baking sheet & let rest for 10 minutes.
- Bake bears for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Let bear bread cool, then draw the eyes & nose with a black edible marker.