Ever since she was a little girl, Jacqueline of My Favorite Outfit knew she wanted to work in non-profit. Today, Jacqueline is the founder of an incredible non-profit, My Favorite Outfit. Learn more about this organization & get Jacqueline’s secret Lemon Bar recipe inside!
First of all, this is the best lemon bar recipe I’ve ever had. Just had to begin with that! Jacqueline is more than just the mastermind behind this delicious treat. She started the non-profit organization, My Favorite Outfit, which creates Pop-Up Boutiques in schools in Chicago’s underserved communities. Students involved in the school’s self-esteem program shop in the Boutiques & get to keep six items of clothing at no cost!
My Favorite Outfit is in need of donations to purchase Pop-Up Boutique materials and to reach more girls. You can donate here!
- for crust:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup sweet butter, softened
- for topping:
- 4 extra large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- grated rind of 1 lemon
- confectioner's sugar, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line baking pan with parchment paper.
- In large mixing bowl, combine crust ingredients, working the mixture with your hands until it is well combined.
- Pat the dough ¼ inch thick into the bottom of the baking pan. Bake 15 minutes, or until golden.
- Lightly beat the eggs in the other mixing bowl with the sugar. Add the flour, one tablespoon at a time until they are each just mixed into the batter. Mix in the lemon juice & grind ingredients.
- Pour batter over crust & bake for an additional 15-20 minutes, until set.
- Remove from oven & let cool for 15-20 minutes. Once cooled, cut into bars of desired size.
- Sprinkle confectioners sugar & enjoy!