If you’re looking to get your girl scout cookie fix now you may be in trouble. With a typical selling season begining in the fall, it doesn’t look as though everyones favorite cookie will be in your near future. Yet if you want a treat that tastes exactly like a thin mint (dare I say even better!) combined with refreshing mint ice cream, you’ve come to the right place. Enter the thin mint ice cream sandwich. Oh & did we mention you’re going to make it!
- Line baking tray with parchment paper. Scoop ¼ of the ice cream container into baking tray. Flatten out with spatula until ¼ inch thick. Freeze for 6-8 hours.
- Separate Oreos & place side with filling aside. Don't eat them just yet as you'll be using them later!
- Using cookie cutter, press down into frozen ice cream & lift up. The ice cream should be frozen enough that it sticks inside the cookie cutter. If it is not frozen enough yet, place back in freezer for intervals of 2 hours or turn freezer temperature down.
- Place circle cookie cutter onto Oreo without filling. Lightly press down on ice cream to release it from cookie cutter onto Oreo. Cover with filling half & place back in freezer standing upright for 12 hours.
- Place frozen Oreos onto cooling rack. Drizzle Magic Shell over Oreos & immediately place back in freezer for 12 hours.
- Remove from freezer & eat immediately. Enjoy! (cookies can stay fresh in freezer up to 5 days)