Everyones favorite ’90s snack reinvented.
When dreaming up our perfect snack, we often go back to our childhood & what we most enjoyed then. After all, those were the days of not even knowing what a cavity was, not caring how we looked, & thinking sugar cured everything. Well–that last one I still somewhat believe! It was the same thought process that led us to create our dunkaroo cake, Lucky Charm pancakes, thin mint ice cream sandwiches, & so many others.
So now, sit back, relax, start baking & enjoy the memories that come flooding back with these bars!
- for the bars
- ¾ c circus animal cookies
- 1 c unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ c granulated sugar
- ½ c light brown sugar
- 1½ c all purpose flour
- 2½ tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ c sprinkles
- for the ganache
- 12 oz white chocolate chips
- ¼ c heavy whipping cream
- for the toppings
- circus animal cookies
- In mixing bowl, combine both sugars & flour. Stir to combine.
- Add in the milk, vanilla, & butter & stir until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Crush up the cookies into small chunks & pour into dough. Add in sprinkles & again, stir to combine.
- Line cake pan with parchment paper so it hangs over all four sides. Pour dough into pan & smooth out with spatula until even.
- In small bowl, combine chocolate chips. Melt for 15 second intervals until melted. Add in cream & stir until smooth. Pour over dough.
- Immediately top with more sprinkles & cookies. Refrigerate until 20 minutes before serving. Slice & enjoy!
square cake pan
*recipe adapted from Beyond Frosting