This is the perfect recipe to seamlessly transition from summertime to fall. Isn’t it scary to think fall is quickly approaching!
This recipe may seem vaguely familiar, well at lease most of the ingredients. They’re the same ones used in our goat cheese pastry. Except this time we swapped out the pastry for squash, a much healthier alternative. I’m eager to try these ingredients on other vegetables such as zucchini, eggplant, & butternut squash. The taste was still amazing yet surprisingly very different from just one ingredient switch. Try them both out & let us know which you prefer!
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 squash
- 1 package crumbled goat cheese
- fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 400F. Wash with warm water & dry off squash. Slice squash into ½ inch thick slices. Pat each slice dry using towel (paper or regular).
- Toss squash & olive oil in mixing bowl until covered. Sprinkle thyme over & toss again to cover.
- Spread squash out onto baking sheet & bake for 6 minutes. Remove from oven & flip. Bake another 4 minutes & then drizzle with honey. Proceed to bake another 2 minutes.
- Remove squash from oven & crumble goat cheese over each piece. Drizzle more honey if desired. Serve & enjoy!