In the past we’ve had Mini Pop-Tart Cereal (the OG), Mini Donut Cereal, & Mini Cinnamon Roll Cereal & now I present to you: Mini Brownie Cereal. Just one more recipe giving you an excuse to eat desserts all day long. You’re welcome!
We created this recipe using a flourless brownie recipe we’ve previously used for cookies: here. The key is that you want the brownies to be crunchy not fudgy. That way, when added to milk they don’t become a soggy mess. In fact, we felt really strongly about this cereal possibly getting soggy so we tested it by letting them sit in the milk all. day. long. (note: don’t try this at home!!!). What do ya know, they didn’t get soggy at all! And luckily we didn’t get sick from eating cereal & milk that sat out all. day. long. The good news is, this cereal is beyond tempting & delicious so chances are you won’t even let it get to that option of sitting around.
Shop This Story: bowl (others from the collection: plate | mug) | scarf (on sale) | spoons
- for brownies:
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- ⅔ cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 large egg whites
- a pinch of salt
- 1.5 cups chocolate chips
- for serving:
- Preheat 340 F. In large mixing bowl, combine powdered sugar, cocoa powder, & salt. Stir until combined.
- Add in vanilla & egg whites. Stir until absorbed. Add in chocolate chips & again, stir until completely mixed into batter.
- Line 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper. Pour half the batter into the dish & bake for 20 minutes or until top begins to crack.
- Let mini brownies cool completely & then scrape off paper by sliding an offset spatula completely underneath the cookie. Cut into mini .75 x 1 in brownies.
- Serve in bowl of milk & enjoy!
8x8 baking dish
Oh my goodness! Brownies are literally my favourite – I genuinely have to try making this. I’ve pinned this on my pinterest pinboard! Thank you for sharing 🙂
Yay, so happy to hear that, Yuka!! Enjoy! xo
OMG Caitlin this sounds and looks amazing! I mean brownies for breakfast? I feel like a kid again!
Ashley || Sed Bona
Ah you’re too sweet!! Thanks so much, Ashley! xo
This cereal looks amazing! Yes to brownies for breakfast 🙂
Couldn’t agree more, Samantha!! Enjoy! xo
Kathrine Eldridge says
My cereal-freak son would love this! I can never turn down a brownie. 🙂
Same here, Kathrine!! Make sure to check out our mini pop-tart cereal recipes & the mini cinnamon rolls as well! xo
Mary Kate says
Oh my god, those look so amazing!
Thanks so much, Mary Kate!! Enjoy! xo
OMG this looks amazing! Pinned:)
Heidi || Wishes & Reality
Aw thanks so much, Heidi!! Enjoy! xo