With bikini season right around the corner it’s sadly time to put down that pizza & whip up some healthier options. This creamy diary-free Avocado Chicken Salad recipe is super simple to make & uses all fresh ingredients making it a perfect choice for a meal. For lunches we like to top it over a slice of Ezekiel Bread while for dinner it goes perfectly on top of a bed of lettuce. Of course, you can throw whatever you’d like into it, just make sure you’re swapping out the typical mayo for some delicious avocado.
- 3 chicken breasts, grilled
- ¼ cup red onion
- ½ cup celery
- 2 avocados
- ½ cup red grapes
- ezekiel bread
- 1 lemon
- Grill (or purchase already cooked) chicken. Chop it into bite size pieces.
- Chop onion & celery finely & toss into bowl with chicken. Add in grapes that are cut in half & toss all ingredients to combine.
- Peel avocados & remove the pit. Remove the skin & mash up the avocados by pressing the back of a fork onto each piece. Add mashed avocado to chicken mixture. Toss to combine.
- Optional: serve on bread with a slice of lemon squeezed over it.
- Serve & enjoy!