When we think back to our childhood the two treats that come to mind are cake & cereal. As adults we still love to indulge in both which is when we got the idea to hybrid both into one incredible recipe. So we picked up a box of our favorite cereal, Fruity Pebbles, & some cake mix & got to work. While this cake may seem a bit intimidating it’s actually super easy to make. All you need is an oven safe bowl, cake mix (homemade or box), frosting (again homemade or can), & Fruity Pebbles. This cake is sure to be a hit amongst all ages as it truly resembles a giant bowl of cereal!
- your favorite cake recipe (or box)
- 1 box Fruity Pebbles
- 2 cups your favorite frosting recipe (or can)
- Preheat oven to 350F or according to cake instructions. Combine all cake ingredients in large mixing bowl & stir until smooth.
- Spray oven safe mixing bowl. Pour batter into bowl until ¾ way full. Bake according to cake instructions. Let cake cool & gently flip the bowl over to remove the cake. Flip cake back onto it's bottom & very gently cut a circle in the middle of the cake about ¾ inch from the outside & about ½ inch deep. Use a spoon to help remove the inside ½ inch deep.
- Frost the outside & top rim of cake with spatula. Fill the center of the cake with Fruity Pebbles (roughly 2 cups). Serve & enjoy!
6 cup oven safe mixing bowl
*Thank you Post Foods for sponsoring this post!
**Inspired by Studio DIY & Food Network!
Kate @ Green Fashionista says
Holy deliciousness! 2 of my favs combined – cereal and cake <3
Thanks so much, Kate!! Enjoy! xo
This is ridiculously cute. Love it. Such a great idea.
Lifestyle by Joules
Thanks so much, Joules!! Enjoy! xo
Jenessa Sheffield says
oh my gosh haha this is the cutest thing ever!! Have a great day babe!!
Thanks so much, Jenessa!! Glad you like it! xo
Just when I think you’ve featured the cutest recipe ever, you outdo yourself! This is amazing!
Heidi || Wishes & Reality
Ah thanks so much, Heidi!! Enjoy! xo