Dough recipes & fashion industry insiders both commonly have the misconception that they’re beyond intimidating. Laura Kujawa of Gilt City Chicago quickly put both of those theories to rest as she may be one of the sweetest humans on the planet plus her biscuit recipe is super simple to create! As someone who holds one of the most coveted jobs in Chicago, Laura’s day to day routine is ever-changing as are her recipes in the kitchen. One day she’s whipping up a homemade pizza topped with shallots, kale, mozzarella, & truffle olive oil the next she’s going back to her Mississippi roots & whipping up a batch of delicious homemade biscuits.
Laura’s collection of kitchen gadgets, spices, oils, & more is unbelievable yet it shouldn’t come as too much of a surprise since after all she is the woman curating Gilt City for Chicago aka discovering unique & incredible finds is her specialty. Some of her favorite’s for the kitchen are truffle olive oil, Savannah Bee Company honey (perfect for this recipe!), & a kit to make homemade Kombucha!
When she’s not in the kitchen whipping up some incredible meals, Laura is scouring the city for the next best thing. Whether that’s a salon, workout class, boutique, or anything else, it’s Laura’s job & passion to find what’s next & share it with the city through Gilt City Chicago. Luckily for those of you not in Chicago, Gilt City is offered in numerous cities nationwide!
While Laura is now a whiz in the kitchen & discovers the best of Chicago for a living, not all of it necessarily came easy for her. Laura has worked hard in her career with jobs across the country for top magazines & publications all to get where she is today. As for the food, while she claims she isn’t a pro in the kitchen we definitely beg to differ after hearing about & tasting some of her recipes!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1⁄4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, sliced & cold
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- In food processor combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, & sugar. Mix together until all ingredients are combined.
- Cut butter into slices & pulse about 10-15 times until you can no longer see slices.
- Transfer ingredients to large mixing bowl & add in buttermilk. Stir gently until just combined & then transfer to floured surface.
- Gently use your hands to get dough into a square shape about ¾inch thick. Use the top of a round cup to cut out the shapes of the biscuits & line them 1 inch apart on a baking sheet.
- Bake biscuits about 10 minutes or until golden brown on top & bottom. Serve & enjoy!
large mixing bowl
Shop Our Favorite Gilt City Deals: HelloFresh | Bobbi Brown Makeup | Exhale Spa & Fitness | Dana’s Bakery Macarons | Air Aerial Fitness
Shop Laura’s Look: overalls (on sale!) | tank | earrings (similar)
Biscuits are my weakness!!! Now I’m drooling heheh
Haha they’re so good, Tina!! Enjoy! xo