This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TheNewFanFavorites #CollectiveBias
We’re pretty deep into the football season which means the Big Game is right around the corner. With that comes celebrations, get-togethers, & LOTS of food. Appetizers & dips are one of the most popular items served for the game as they’re super easy to make & serve. Plus, they’re great for picking at throughout the game. We created two super easy & delicious ones for the upcoming Big Game that you’re going to love. One, the bean dip, is a more traditional appetizer that’s served for the Big Game while the other, the cookie dough dip, is a newer creation that will really get people talking. Both equally tasty, these two dips are the perfect contributions to the Big Game viewing party as one falls under the appetizer category while the other a dessert. Another plus about these awesome recipes is they’re both only one step to create. If you thought it couldn’t get any better, we styled these dips to look like footballs as to keep your decorations to a minimum. In our minds, we like the food to be decorations itself & these two certainly are! As for what we served the chips with, two products we always have on hand are Snack Factory® Pretzel Crips® & Late July® Tortilla Chips. They make for great snacks on their own or paired with dips such as these.
We found both Snack Factory® Pretzel Crips® & Late July® Tortilla Chips at our local Whole Foods in the chips & crackers aisle. Many retailers carry these items & you can find out where to purchase both products: HERE & HERE.
For this cookie dough dip, you’ll just need eggless cookie dough (recipe below), mini chocolate chips, white icing, & Snack Factory® Pretzel Crips®. It’s super easy to create & is the perfect combination of sweet & salty. We served this one a white tray as to accentuate the awesome football design of the dip.
- for the cookie dough:
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tsp milk
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
- ¾ cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, softened
- for the toppings:
- 1 bag mini chocolate chips
- white icing
- 1 bag Snack Factory® Pretzel Crips®
- Combine all wet ingredients in mixing bowl. Stir to combine. Add in all dry ingredients & stir until dough forms. Place dough in fridge for 15-30 minutes. Remove & form into a football shape. Pour chocolate chips over & press into place with hands. Top with icing & serve with Snack Factory® Pretzel Crips®. Enjoy!
The second recipe, football bean dip, was just as easy to create & beyond delicious. We love how the two dips balance one another out since one is more savory & the other more sweet. To create this bean dip we just pureed some beans, molded them with a spoon into a football shape, & topped it with sour cream as the lines. We served this dip with Late July® Tortilla Chips since they’re organic & a better for you option. We wanted to use this dip as a healthier option & were able to do so with these chips & just using beans in the dip.
- 2 cans of beans (we used 1 black bean & 1 white bean)
- sour cream
- Late July® Tortilla Chips
- Puree beans in food processor until smooth. Using a spoon, mold the beans into a football shape on a plate. Top with sour cream to make the lines that would normally appear on a football. Serve with Late July® Tortilla Chips & enjoy!
All together, both dips took us under an hour to make & came out super fun. We love using Late July® Tortilla Chips & Snack Factory® Pretzel Crips® as the dipping option as they’re both a better for you option. Let us know if you end up making either or both of these recipes for the Big Game & check out more fun recipe ideas: HERE!