Below are 5 recipes for the final (how are we at this point already??) celebration of summer: Labor Day Weekend. What I’ve found from previous parties that I’ve both thrown & attended is that guests want a variety of options: healthy, filling, appetizers, desserts, drinks. Same is true if it’s just you & a couple friends or family hanging out. That’s why these recipe options are so perfect for LDW (is that abbreviation a thing?). They’re healthy yet filling, a variety of options but won’t consume much of your time in preparation, & they’re also absolutely delicious.
1. Frozen Watermelon Lemonade Recipe: Let’s start with the draaaank since that’s how a good party should start. Since watermelon is only in season for a few more weeks (let’s be honest, is there anything worse than bad watermelon…) I couldn’t not include this one. It’s one of my favorite drink recipes partly because it’s so freakin’ tasty & partly because it seriously couldn’t be easier to make.
2. Blackberry Brie Crostini: Another fruit that won’t be in season much longer are blackberries. Also, similar to the above, this recipe is almost too easy to make. Too easy as in, you’ll want to make it everyday, easy. While I try to stay away from doing that, it’s absolutely perfect as an appetizer for any party because who doesn’t love a sweet, cheesy combo?!
3. Sweet Potato Turkey Burger Sliders: While guests love to indulge, they also appreciate a balanced spread since after all, lots of people still spend Labor Day by the pool or at the beach. These mini sliders are as tasty as they are cute & are actually healthy for you.
4. Avocado Pesto Zucchini Noodles: Another healthy & tasty Labor Day weekend recipe are these zoodles that are also super easy to make (you catchin’ my drift here??). In my opinion, these are best served with a glass of crisp white wine, but if pesto isn’t your thing check out my list of 10 other zoodle recipes: here.
5. S’mores Candy Bar: S’mores are a classic dessert option for both Memorial Day & Labor Day. While they’re so tasty & easy to make, they’re also so expected at any party. Show guests they can still enjoy them just with a twist from recipes such as this one or s’mores on a stick.