There are certain foods I absolutely refuse to give up when eating “clean”. If I don’t indulge at least once a day (sue me) I find myself gorging the next day on anything unhealthy I can find. Luckily I knew a little trick for creating ice cream that tastes unhealthy but actually is just made from bananas! Not only is is the easiest thing to make (you seriously just freeze the bananas & blend them) it truly tastes like banana ice cream. The best part is it easily takes on the flavor of whatever you add to it (i.e. the recipes below). Here are 6 of my absolute favorite healthy, vegan, & 1 step Banana Ice Cream recipes.
1. Piña Colada Ice Cream: tastes like a vacation & prepares your waistline for one too!
2. Cookies & Cream Ice Cream: this is how you get your 6 year old (& 20 year old self who eats like a 6 year old…) to skip the dessert.
3. Blueberry Ice Cream: the OG in my books, this is one of my favorites to make as it’s loaded with antioxidants.
4. Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream: this is my absolute favorite banana ice cream flavor because it seriously tastes just like the real stuff.
5. Caramelized Banana Ice Cream: similar to a bananas foster but with a fraction of the sugar & calories.
6. Triple Chocolate Ice Cream: for those times when you’re that close to eating 20 bags of candy, this will help curb all those cravings.
PIN FOR LATER: