To me one of the best parts about being an adult is getting to eat whatever you want, whenever you want. That being said, I truly had a hard time categorizing this recipe between breakfast & dessert because I’ve been eating it as both! It’s an oatmeal & blueberry base which leads me to believe most would classify this as breakfast but I highly recommend serving with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top which makes me feel like it should be a dessert. Either way, you can’t go wrong with having it for any meal. It’s super delicious, satisfying & easy to make. Plus, it makes about 9 servings per batch meaning there’s enough for you to enjoy as breakfast AND dessert throughout the week!
- ⅔ cup almonds, chopped
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 1¾ cups almond milk
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil, divided
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 pint fresh blueberries, divided
- 2 tsp granulated sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9-inch square baking dish with baking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almonds, oats, cinnamon, baking powder, & salt. In a small bowl, combine the almond milk, vanilla, maple syrup, eggs, & half of the coconut oil. Stir to combine both bowls separately.
- Mix together the two bowls with ½ the blueberries. Stir to combine. Pour mixture into baking dish & gently tap the dish on a counter or hard surface to allow the milk to settle. Pour remaining berries across the top of the dish & sprinkle on your sugar. Bake for 45 minutes or until top is golden brown. Serve with optional topping & enjoy!
2 mixing spoons