You might remember a few months ago when famous Chef Daniele Uditi shared his secret recipe for marinara sauce which is out of this world. Well, lucky for us, Chef Daniele has shared another secret pasta recipe with us & this time it’s for cacio e pepe. This simple dish is jam-packed with flavor & if done right, is one of the best dishes you’ll ever try. Thankfully Chef Daniele sure knows how to make the perfect cacio e pepe & I’m thrilled to share his secret recipe with you!
SHOP THIS POST:
- 1 pound dried spaghetti or bucatini pasta
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for garnish
- 2 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese, plus more for garnish
- kosher salt, to taste
- ½ cup starchy water (secret ingredient!), save some water when you cook the pasta & set it aside
- In a hot sauté pan, toast your black pepper.
- In a medium pot, bring water to a boil & add the pasta. While the pasta is cooking, add a ladle of water from the pasta to the pan with toasted black pepper.
- minutes before the pasta is al dente, add the pasta to the sauté pan & start stirring to have the pasta release the starches. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the starchy water & keep stirring until the temperature of the pasta goes down a little bit.
- Add the cheese when the temperature goes down a little to the saute pan. (Note: If you add the cheese when the pasta is super hot, we will a mozzarella pulling effect & you don’t want that with Cacio e Pepe.)
- Keep stirring while adding the cheese until it becomes creamy. Plate the pasta & add more black pepper plus more pecorino. Serve & enjoy!
PIN FOR LATER: