This gluten-free banana chocolate chip muffin recipe is so simple to make and is loaded with nutrients, making it a perfect breakfast or even a healthy dessert option! These muffins are gluten-free and if you use dairy-free chocolate chips, they’re DF too! They also have no eggs which if you’re vegan or just out of eggs makes them the perfect recipe option.
Labels aside, let’s break down exactly how this gluten-free banana chocolate chip muffin recipe is actually good for you:
1. Bananas are loaded with potassium, keep your eyes healthy, improve digestion & while some claim they’re high in sugar, it’s important to note it’s natural sugar and you use 3 bananas for 12 muffins so you’re only getting a bit in each one.
2. Nut butter & almond flour are healthy sources of fat which helps keeps you feeling full for longer periods of time. Depending on which type of nut butter you use, the health benefits will vary.
3. Applesauce is high in fiber, lowers cholesterol and is rich in antioxidants. Make sure you buy unsweetened applesauce as a sweetened variety will add in tons of unnecessary sugar.
4. Pure vanilla extract is a powerful antioxidant and helps fight inflammation. Like the applesauce, make sure you’re buying pure vanilla extract not imitation as that strips away all health benefits.
5. Cinnamon is a wildly powerful antioxidant, helps keep your skin youthful and helps weight management as it curbs a sweet tooth.
6. Maple syrup has been proven to boost our immune systems and keep our hearts healthy. Like the other ingredients, buying pure maple syrup will provide these benefits and keep away all the processed and unnecessary add-ins.
SHOP THIS POST:
- 3 overripe bananas, smashed
- 1 cup nut butter
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup applesauce
- 1½ tbsp vanilla extract
- pinch of cinnamon
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl and mix until combined.
- Pour into muffin tin that either has liners or baking spray in them until about ¾ of the way full.
- Bake 15-17 minutes, serve, and enjoy!
PIN FOR LATER: