If you started off 2016 as most people do, you gave yourself the resolution goal of eating healthier. Granted you most likely don’t come to this site for healthy recipes but with the new year in full swing we called upon one of our favorite bloggers to share a super easy & healthy (not to mention delicious) recipe with us all. Meet Blair of The Fox & She. When she isn’t blogging about all things fashion, decor, & lifestyle, she’s busy doing web development for her company, Leap Blog Design. Two full time jobs plus a mama to this adorable pup (see below–I mean, hi how cute are you!!), yea we don’t know how she does it all either. #SuperWoman
Blair loves to cook & even briefly attended culinary school (yup, those knife skills below are super legit). This recipe she shared with us is one you’re going to want to make over & over again. Which is especially great if you’re one of those people we mentioned earlier with the resolution to eat healthier. Of course we’re huge fans of indulging over here but this toast is filled with so many incredible flavors it feels as though you’re not even eating that healthy! Blair took the trendy avocado toast to a whole new level with scrambled egg whites, fresh veggies, tortilla salsa, & a sprinkle of fresh feta cheese. Check out the full recipe & step-by-step pictures of Blair making it below.
- ¼ cup mushrooms, chopped
- ¼ cup red pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- ¼ cup ham, chopped
- 3 egg whites
- 1 slice of multigrain bread
- ½ avocado
- 2 tbsp tortilla salsa
- feta cheese, to taste
- Toast bread until golden brown & crispy. While that is toasting, chop the mushrooms, pepper, onion, & ham. Set aside.
- Separate egg whites & whisk gently.
- Place veggies & meat in skillet over medium heat. Sauté for roughly 4 minutes & add in the eggs. Mix until cooked completely, roughly another 4 minutes. Set aside.
- Spread avocado over toast using fork. Place egg mixture on top of avocado. Top with salsa & sprinkle with feta cheese. Serve & enjoy!