Mini Sugar Cookies & Milk | Homemade
Author: Public Lives, Secret Recipes
- 3 cups flour
- 1¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup of water
- Preheat oven to 350 F & line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Microwave butter until soft but not melted entirely.
- In large mixing bowl, combine flour, butter, baking powder, sugar, egg, & vanilla. Knead mixture with your hands while gradually adding in ¼ cup of water as needed to help combine mixture.
- Cover bowl with saran wrap & put in refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove bowl.
- Form round balls of about 1 inch diameter & dip in extra ¼ cup of water when needed to make mixture smoother.
- Line cookie dough balls on parchment paper about 1 inch apart. Press down gently on each with the palm of your hand to slightly flatten out the dough.
- Top with sprinkles & bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve warm or let cookies cool for 30 minutes if placing on straws.
- If placing on straws, while cookie is lying flat, place the straw through the center of the cookie & rest on side of milk glass.