Ricotta Blueberry | Homemade Pie
Author: Public Lives, Secret Recipes
- for the dough:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cups + 2 tbsp shortening
- cold water
- for the filling:
- 6 cups blueberries
- 1.5 cups ricotta
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup honey greek yogurt (PLSR used Noosa Yogurt)
- In large mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, & shortening.
- Combine mixture with your hands, gradually adding 1-2 tbsp of water when needed, until dough is smooth.
- Place dough flattened on lightly floured (or sprayed) cutting board & refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove dough from refrigerator & preheat oven to 375 F.
- Cut dough into ¾ cm strips, long enough to cover top of mason jars.
- In separate mixing bowl, combine blueberries, ricotta, sugar, & yogurt.
- Combine blueberry mixture together until evenly coated.
- Fill jars with blueberry mixture until just perfectly full. Sprinkle in pinches of dough every few spoonfuls.
- Put top layer of plain blueberries on jars & begin lining with dough.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until dough is golden brown.
- Top with vanilla ice cream & enjoy!