I’m not the biggest breakfast person. That is unless you’re serving me waffles & ice cream. Or in this case, a bacon, egg, & cheese pie. (side note: yes, I realize both of those pretty much count as dessert…oh well, I tried!)
This BEC breakfast pie is perfect for Sunday brunch or to throw together last minute for friends & family. The base of this dish is a bacon woven pie crust topped with scrambled eggs & of course, tons of cheese! Obviously, if you’re reading this blog you probably aren’t looking for a healthier alternative but if on the off chance you are, swap out the bacon for turkey bacon, fill the pie with egg whites, & top with homemade pesto instead of cheese! (is it weird that I’m a little tempted to make the healthy version…)
- 1 package bacon
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 large eggs
- 1 avocado
- Line pie dish with bacon in a woven pattern. Trim the edges to that they do not hang over. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Place dish over large tray to avoid any dripping.
- Preheat oven to 350 F & bake bacon for about 30 to 40 minutes or until crisp. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Over medium heat, scramble eggs with cheese until no longer runny.
- Pour eggs into bacon pie & top with avocado. Enjoy!