Feel like you’ve seen this recipe before? Then either you’ve been following me since day one (woo hoo!) or you’ve back-stalked my site enough to know I posted this same recipe right when I started my blog. Either way, I love ya!
I posted this recipe when about three people were following my blog & I was too cool to capitalize any words on my posts. So now that my traffic has increased substantially & I have a much better idea of what I’m doing, I decided it was definitely worth resharing. Possibly the easiest & most drool worthy recipe I’ve made to date, these cookie dough ice cream sandwiches are a hit with everyone!
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tsp milk
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- a pinch of salt
- ¾ cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 quart of cookie dough ice cream, softened
- Combine sugars, milk, vanilla, salt, butter, & chocolate chips in mixing bowl or with electronic mixer until completely incorporated.
- Line 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place half of the mixed cookie dough into the baking pan & flatten until the pan is fully covered with an even layer of dough.
- Spread desired amount of ice cream evenly over the flattened dough.
- Smooth ice cream out evenly using the bottom of a large spoon.
- Place pan in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Place the other half of the cookie dough on top of ice cream.
- Gently press your hands down upon the top layer of cookie dough.
- Cover pan with parchment paper & freeze for 3-4 hours or until firm.
- Cut frozen ice cream cookie dough into desirable size sandwiches. Enjoy!
mixing bowl (alternative: electronic mixer)