I often find myself scrounging the racks of Sur la Table for cute plates, cookie cutters, & new tools to use in recipes. So, it wasn’t odd for me to pick up these adorable mini bunny glasses. What was odd were all the possible things I thought they were intended for.
Were they fancy Easter shot glasses? Decorative snack holders? Somehow a napkin holder that I would never be able to figure out?
I finally realized, “Ah ha! They must be layered cake displays!” to which I realized, that sort of product doesn’t even exist. So I went ahead & purchased these adorable bunny glasses with total intent to create layered Easter cake within them, only to find out they are candle holders…
- for the cake:
- ½ cup salted butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- 1¾ cup flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup sour cream
- food coloring
- for layering:
- Easter candy
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In large mixing bowl, mix in all cake ingredients & stir until well combined.
- Spray each Wilton Easy Layers! Pan with baking spray & pour ¼ cup batter into each pan.
- Mix desired food coloring into each pan.
- Bake cakes for 14-16 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cakes cool completely. Using the top of each candle holder, press down into cake. Pull the candle holder out of cake & push circle of cake into holder.
- Top with frosting & repeat the process of putting cake into holder. Enjoy!