While I may spend my days (& nights) baking, cooking doesn’t come as easily to me. I have yet to master working with different spices & seasonings. Yet there are two dishes I can without a doubt always make perfectly: a grilled cheese & pizza bagels.
Granted majority of the time I do find myself making Bagel Bites, homemade pizza bagels are something I’ve loved to make, & eat, since I was a little girl.
Today I figured, why not combine the two dishes I love to eat & can figure out how to cook, into one delicious creation: The Pizza Grilled Cheese.
- 1 tbsp ricotta cheese, fresh
- 6 slices of pepperoni, sliced thin
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- basil, to taste
- 2 slices focaccia
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- a handful of spinach
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- olive oil
- Cut bread into generous slices. Wash spinach & basil.
- Place spinach & basil on one side of bread. On the other half, pour on the tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle red pepper flakes onto the sauce half. Top with mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, & pepperoni.
- Pour olive oil onto skillet over medium heat. Fold sandwich in half & place down onto skillet with spatula for 2-3 minutes & then flip for additional minute or two. Enjoy!