Jack Johnson was onto something when he was just wanting to make “banana pancakes; pretend like it’s the weekend now”. Yet if you’re really wanting it to feel like the weekend, those banana pancakes better be stuffed with hella chocolate.
- for pancakes:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1½ bananas, mashed
- ½ cup milk
- 4 tbsp unsalted buter, melted
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup hot fudge, room temperature
- for toppings:
- powdered sugar
- extra chocolate
- In mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, & sugar. Stir & then add in vanilla, egg, milk, butter, & banana. Mix all ingredients until well combined.
- Place skillet over low-medium heat. Using ladle, pour mixture into skillet smoothing out with the bottom of ladle to create a perfect circle. Immediately add in a handful of chocolate chips & 2 tbsp hot fudge to the center of pancake. Top with another ladle of pancake batter to cover chocolate. Let pancake bake for 5-8 minutes or until bubbling on top.
- Flip pancake & heat for roughly 3-5 minutes.
- Serve immediately with butter, powdered sugar, chocolate, & banana. Enjoy!