Some people have their dogs very well trained. Others, well, I’m hoping there are others besides me…are trained very well by their dogs. Not following? Let me explain.
I walk down the stairs and can already hear my dogs scrambling to grab toys & wagging their tails in excitement to see & play with humans. The second they see it’s me, my one dog, Ziggy, immediately starts barking while the other, Zeke runs to his bed (the spot they go to get a treat). My pups have me trained so well because they know if they bark or do anything cute (or rather anything that shows emotion at all) I’ll give them a treat. I just can’t help it!
So I decided that instead of giving them a store bought treat why not take it to the next level & make them a “pupcake”. They loved them, and quite frankly a few peanut butter loving humans loved them just as much..cough me cough. (don’t judge…it ends up tasting like a peanut butter muffin & all the ingredients are completely normal ones you’d use in everyday cooking! oh and no I didn’t eat the treat on top thank you.)
- for the pupcake:
- ½ cup non-bleached flour
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup honey
- for the frosting:
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- for toppings:
- additional homemade or store bought dog treats
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Pour olive oil onto paper towel & cover cupcake tray to replicate nonstick spray.
- In electric mixer combine flour, baking powder, peanut butter, & apple sauce. Mix until well combined.
- Add in remaining ingredients: olive oil, egg, & honey. Mix on medium speed until all ingredients are combined.
- Fill cupcake tray ¾ of the way full & bake for 30-35 minutes or until browned on top.
- Clean out mixing bowl & add in frosting ingredients. Mix until well combined. Place frosting into frosting bag & top cupcakes with it.
- Decorate with additional dog treats & serve to your pups!