Blog expert & social media guru, Everything Erica, sat down with us to discuss her secret recipe for Utica Chicken Riggies.
Truth be told, before I met up with Erica I had no idea what Chicken Riggies was. Boy am I glad I now know what it is & the best recipe to create it! A dish you can only find in Utica (upstate NY), this Chicken Riggies recipe is one you should most definitely recreate!
- 2 lbs rigatoni pasta
- 1 stick margarine
- 1 onion, minced
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 20 oz. jar sweet cherry peppers, seeded & roughly chopped
- 3 hot cherry peppers, seeded & roughly chopped
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 can chicken broth
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- ½ pint heavy whipping cream
- On cutting board, mince garlic & onion. Chop peppers.
- Melt margarine over low heat. Stir in onions. Once onions become translucent, add in peppers & garlic.
- Cook for 5 minutes & then turn heat to medium. Add in chicken. Sauté until chicken is white. Add in chicken broth, tomato sauce, & cream.
- Whisk in cheese & stir continually until cheese is completely melted in.
- Cover & let simmer on low heat for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Cook pasta according to instructions while sauce is simmering.
- After 1 hour, turn heat to medium, uncover, & let simmer for 10 minutes. Serve over pasta & enjoy!