Earlier this week I went to a local farmers market in downtown Chicago. One of the best things about being in a large city is there certainly is no shortage of food vendors. Between countless new restaurants & farmers markets almost every day of the week, there is always something great to try. Don’t live in a big city? No need to worry: in the past five years the number of farmers markets in the U.S. has nearly doubled meaning there’s got to be one at least relatively close to you!
- 1 zucchini, sliced thin
- 1 cup peas
- 5 oz mixed greens
- 8 brussel sprouts, shaved
- ½ of one sweet candy onion, sliced thin
- 1 tsp garlic
- ¼ cup parmigiano reggiano, sliced thin
- Slice zucchini, onion, & cheese. Shave brussels sprouts.
- Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl. Toss to combine.
- Cover in desired dressing.