Finding a snack that’s both enjoyable & healthy can be challenging. Add in an on-the-go factor & it’s near impossible. That is, until now! We’ve come up with a super easy recipe that makes the perfect snack. Made of melted dark chocolate & topped with nuts, seeds, & dried fruits, this snack is one the entire family will love!
Another factor I’m constantly looking for in recipe development is, will the recipe be flexible? We’ve all been in that situation where you find the perfect recipe online, get the energy to make that snack, & then realize we’re missing one ingredient which makes it impossible to make. Yet with this recipe you can substitute the dark chocolate for carob chips, white chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate, etc. Plus you can top them with as many or little superfoods as you’d like! Think blueberries or any fruit for that matter, orange peel, any nuts/seeds you have in the house, goji betters, & so much more. Serve it up with your favorite on-the-go drink & you’re in for a super (healthy!) sweet treat.
- 1 cup dark chocolate, melted
- sunflower seeds, no shell
- almonds (we used wasabi flavored)
- white chocolate chips
- grapefruit, optional
- honey, optional
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour chocolate into bowl & place in microwave for 15 seconds. Stir & repeat 2 more times or until chocolate is melted.
- Place one spoonful of chocolate onto parchment paper. Using the bottom of the spoon, smooth chocolate into circle shape about 1.5 inch in diameter.
- Top with craisins, seeds, almonds, & white chocolate chips. Sprinkle grapefruit juice or drizzle honey over them & freeze for 4-6 hours. Enjoy!