One of my favorite Hanukkah dishes is Rugelach. Especially chocolate & raspberry flavored. Put out a fresh batch of them in my house & poof! it’s as if they’ve instantly disappeared. Check out my recipe below & watch the video collaboration I did with below Jewel-Osco to see a day in the life!
- for the dough:
- 2 sticks of butter
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- for the filling:
- raspberry jam, to taste
- chocolate chips, to taste
- for egg wash:
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- granulated sugar
- Simply combine 2 sticks of unsalted butter with 8 oz of cream cheese. Beat with electric mixer until smooth.
- Add in two cups of all-purpose flour & combine with your hands until dough takes form. Roll into a ball & place in fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Once time is up, place dough on large cutting board & roll out until about 1.5 cm in height.
- Spread raspberry jam over entire pastry sheet. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of jam. Slice dough into thin pizza-like slices & roll from the outside in.
- Place rugelach onto baking sheet & brush with egg wash (1 egg mixed completely with 1 tbsp water). Sprinkle with a pinch of granulated sugar.
- Bake at 350 F for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
large cutting board
***Thank you Jewel-Osco for sponsoring this post!