A few years back I made creme brûlée french toast for my brother’s birthday. I’d been wanting to remake it but was nervous I wouldn’t remember the exact recipe I made it with. I’m not sure if this is the same way I made it back then but I’m VERY happy to have written down the recipe this time so I have it for the future. Fluffy & soft Challah bread coated in a caramelized glaze all while it’s infused with the creme brûlée flavoring. Baking the french toast instead of cooking it on the stove allows for the bread to soak up all of the creme brûlée mixture. Not to mention, when you bake french toast, it puffs up to almost double the size. #DreamComeTrue.
- for toast:
- 1 stick butter
- 1¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 & ¾ tbsp corn syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 4 eggs
- 6 slices (1.5 inch thick) challah
- 1 cup heavy cream
- for glaze:
- ¼ stick butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp corn syrup
- for topping:
- vanilla ice cream
- In large mixing bowl mix all toast ingredients sans toast. Stir to combine.
- Place mixture in casserole dish. Add challah slices & let soak for 20 minutes. Coat with excess mixture from the bottom of dish. Flip & let soak another 20 minutes.
- In small skillet, melt butter from glaze ingredients over medium heat. Add sugar & syrup. Stir until sugar dissolves. Pour caramel glaze over toast immediately.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Bake for 40-50 minutes until challah is shiny & bubbling on top. Eat immediately & enjoy!
large mixing bowl
Looks delicious! I’ll be giving this recipe a try!
Christina :: Simple and Delish
Yay, so glad to hear that, Christina!! Enjoy! xo
Heidi Kokborg says
Oh wow! This looks SO yummy! I can’t wait to try it 🙂
Thanks so much, Heidi!! Enjoy! xo
Thanks so much, Jenessa!! Have a wonderful day! xo
Wow this sounds so delicious! Drooling right now! Must try this recipe!
Thanks so much, MC!! It’s delicious! xo
This looks so tasty! I will for sure need to try this out 🙂
Thanks for sharing!!!
Thanks so much for reading, Lindsey!! Enjoy! xo
Biana @ Blovedboston says
Looks yummy! xo, Biana –BlovedBoston
Thanks so much, Biana!! Enjoy! xo
Oh my goodness, this looks DELICIOUS! Wow! Now to see it I can actually pull it off hahaha.
It’s surprisingly easy since you’re baking it!! Enjoy! xo
Oh my this looks mouthwatering delicious. Yummy, yummy!!! Thx for sharing.
It’s delicious, Lenya!! Enjoy! xo
This must be the best recipe ever! French toast and creme brûlée, yes!
It’s super delicious!! Enjoy! xo