Bacon wrapped dates are one of my all-time favorite foods. Seriously, put a place in front of me & it’ll look like I just entered an eating contest, all of them being gone within 2 minutes. In fact, I’m eating the last two of this batch while I type this post. Thank goodness I only needed 5 for these images because I had already eaten the rest beforehand… Hey, someone’s got to taste test, right?! Anyways, being one of my favorite foods that I make quite often, I was looking to update the recipe a bit. Not that there is anything wrong with regular bacon wrapped dates but it’s not really worth sharing on the blog as there are countless recipes for them online. However these my friends, are worth sharing. Sprinkled with brown sugar & ground cayenne red pepper, these bacon wrapped dates truly are next level good. As most of my recipes are, they’re super easy to make. While I love challenging myself in the kitchen, those easy recipes that you can make over & over again are always a hit, this being one of them. Stuffed with my favorite cheese, Spanish Manchego, wrapped in some good ole bacon (can substitute for turkey bacon if you want a healthier alternative), & sprinkled with the ingredients below, this recipe will only take you about 20 minutes to make, cooking time included. Enjoy! xo
- 1 package bacon
- 1 package dates (without pits)
- 1 wedge Spanish Manchego cheese
- light brown sugar, for sprinkling
- grond cayenne red pepper, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Open each date & fill with a small cube of cheese. Cut bacon slices in half so you have two shorter pieces.
- Wrap one slice of bacon around each date. Place on baking sheet roughly ¾ inch from one another. Sprinkle with sugar & pepper.
- Bake at 375 F for 14-16 minutes (or according to bacon instructions). Serve warm & enjoy!