Food hybrids are kind of our thing over here at PLSR. Especially when it comes to cookie dough. Today’s recipe for Cookie Dough Cheesecake is one of our favorites to date. The combination of silky cheesecake with everyone’s favorite cookie dough recipe resulted in the dessert of our dreams & we’re here to share it with you.
To be totally honest, before this recipe we had never baked a cheesecake before. We know, we know…”say whaaat!”. We shocked ourselves too when we came to that realization but luckily for us & for you it’s easy as pie (well actually pie is harder but ya know…).
We wanted to incorporate cookie dough into as much of this recipe as possible so we included it within the cheesecake itself & as the base of the cheesecake simply by combining some cooked chocolate chip cookies (feel free to use store bought) with a bit of butter. We also threw in some chocolate chips because why not, & for toppings we used frosting & chocolate syrup. Other fun topping ideas would be cookies themselves, a cookie dough frosting, cookie dough chunks (make sure there is no raw egg in the recipe), & extra chocolate chips.
- for the crust:
- 24 chocolate chip cookies
- 5 tbsp butter
- for the cheesecake:
- 3 8oz cream cheese
- heaping ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 3 eggs + 1 yolk
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- cookie dough
- for the toppings--all optional:
- cookie dough
- chocolate chips
- chocolate sauce
- Add crust ingredients to food processor & blend until dough consistency (it will roll into a ball).
- Line cake pan with parchment paper. Place the crust in the bottom of the pan & press down to line the entire bottom evenly.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In mixing bowl combine all cheesecake ingredients sans cookie dough. Beat ingredients until smooth. Pour cheesecake batter over the crust & add in pieces of cookie dough throughout. Cover cookie dough pieces with cheesecake batter by either pushing them down or moving cheesecake around with spatula. Bake for 1 hour or until top is brown & only the center jiggles when moved.
- Let cool for 30 minutes at room temperature & then place in refrigerator for minimum 3 hours. Serve & enjoy!
9 inch round cake pan