The key to a successful food hybrid is compatibility. After all, mixing two foods together is something most people won’t even do on their own plate. So knowing which flavors, textures, & dishes would work together can sometimes be a tricky task. One trick we’ve found is that pretty much all carbs can be swapped out for one another. Take the spaghetti & meatball burger for instance. We switched out one carbohydrate, the bun, for another carbohydrate, spaghetti, & the result was perfection. This time we swapped out another bun but this time for lasagna noodles. Ladies & gentleman we present, the lasagna cheeseburger! Layers of delicious grilled burgers, noodles, Bush’s Beans Onion Baked Beans, & of course, tons of cheese baked into one delicious dish. If you’re lookin’ to get super fancy with this one, try adding some grilled burger buns to the madness. It’s the perfect way to incorporate summer flavors into a heartier, winter dish.
Our tip for getting summer flavors in this dish is using the grill pan–a lifesaver when it’s -30F outside but you still want to grill. Simply throw the ingredients you want grilled onto the pan & voila! you’ve got summer served right up!
- 6 burger patties
- 2 16 oz cans Bush's Beans Onion Baked Beans
- 1 box lasagna
- 30 slices american cheese
- burger buns
- In large saucepan bring 6 cups of water to a boil. Add in lasagna noodles & cook until tender or according to instructions on the box. Drain & lay noodles individually flat on parchment paper.
- On grill pan over high heat, grill burger patties until charred slightly on both sides (about 5 minutes on the first side & 3-5 on the second). Once fully cooked, chop meat using spatula into bite sized pieces. Preheat oven to 375F.
- Open both cans of beans & pour 6 tbsp of the sauce (try to not get many beans or onions out) onto the bottom of the baking dish (this will help to avoid noodles sticking to the bottom of the tray). Place three noodles onto the bottom of the tray side by side so the bottom is covered. Top with meat, 6 slices of cheese, & then more noodles again. Add beans on top of noodles & then 6 more slices of cheese. Top with 3 more noodles, remaining cheese & other ingredients. Bake for 25 minutes. Serve & enjoy!
9x9 baking dish
*Thank you Bush’s Beans for sponsoring this post!
This looks like something my husband would like! It looks delicious!
Yay enjoy!! xo
This looks awesome! Such yummy comfort food!
Heidi || Wishes & Reality
It truly is!! xo