Whether you spend Valentine’s Day in bed with pints of ice cream, at dinner with the girls, or with your love we always think it’s a day that you should truly treat yourself. After all, this holiday is all about love & what’s better than some good ‘ole self-love?! We’re breaking down the BEST ways to treat yo’self this Valentine’s Day below. Plus scroll down to the very bottom because we’re also sharing the most unexpected (but amazing) gift ideas for those you love!
1. Pamper Yourself: We’re beauty product fanatics over here & this hydrator from Le Metier de Beaute is our latest obsession. It’s beyond lightweight, helps to give your skin that perfect glow, & keeps makeup in place all. day. long. Exclusive to Neiman Marcus, this brand has one of the coolest beauty counters we’ve ever seen. Get your makeup done by a makeup artist & they’ll record the entire process, email it to you, & you’ll never forget how to do your makeup perfectly again! Another must have, especially for Valentine’s Day is the perfect lipstick. We swear by the Marc Jacobs liquid lip cream for a hydrating, stay-all-day, smooth, & stunning lip.
2. Enjoy Breakfast In Bed: If we could have breakfast in bed everyday we totally would however in today’s world, we find we’re not alone when it comes to grabbing breakfast on your way out the door each morning… Take today to stay cozy an hour longer & indulge in some homemade waffles & coffee.
3. Have Your Cake & Eat It Too: OK so this genius invention is absolutely perfect if you’re going out on the town for Valentine’s Day. Cleavage Cupcakes give you that extra oomph & are seriously life changing. Plus how cute of a gift would they be wrapped up with some real cupcakes!
4. Update Your Basics: It seems whenever we want new pajamas or undergarments we typically neglect the flesh, white, or nude colored ones. However just because an item is considered a “basic” doesn’t mean it has to be basic. There are SO many incredible staples out there that are so worth investing in. After all, how often do you really wear that bright red bra…?
5. Dress For The Occassion: Channel your inner Kendall Jenner this Valentine’s Day & sport your bralette OVER a t-shirt. You’ll instantly be the chicest gal in the room & it’s a fun way to participate in the festivities without being cheesy.
6. Opt For Rosé Over Roses: While roses are a staple on Valentine’s Day, they feel a bit “been there, done that” for us. Instead treat yourself to some rosé this Valentine’s Day & wear these adorable rosé all day pjs for a fun & cozy night in!
7. Splurge: This is the perfect opportunity to splurge on that lust-worthy item you’ve had in your cart for WAY too long. For us it’s this stunning Oscar de la Renta slip dress that although is considered sleepwear, we totally would wear this out with a leather jacket (on sale for under $150!). Finding something that has multiple purposes basically cuts the price in half, right?!
These products truly make for the best gifts. They’re anything but expected, are universally flattering, & don’t break the bank! If you want to show someone you really love them, these items are the way to do it:
Happy Valentine’s Day, loves! xo
*Thank you Neiman Marcus for sponsoring this post!