Leave it to the geniuses behind the delicious Kombucha brand, Health-Ade, to whip up an incredible meal that actually includes their Kombucha within the recipe! Believe it or not, Daina, Vanessa, & Justin (the founders) let me in on a little Kombucha secret: you can use it in nearly every recipe in replacement of apple cider vinegar or any other vinegars the recipe calls for. So swap that acidic flavor (I know, I know but it’s so good for you…) for a deliciously sweet & might I add, also healthy, Health-Ade Kombucha & boom you’ll have an even better, more flavorful meal.
Backin’ up a bit, before Kombucha was readily available, let alone used in recipes, these three began their business selling Kombucha at Brentwood farmers market (my personal favorite, BTW!) & doing home deliveries (which if you know LA traffic, you know that can be quite a trek). They made the kombucha in their apartment, fermenting it in glass bottles to make the highest quality product. Since then, not much as changed in their process aside from their few jars in their tiny apartment are now over 300,000 jars in their Health-Ade warehouse. Talk about a success story.
Daina, Vanessa, & Justin still stay true to their farmers market roots by purchasing nearly all their groceries from farmers markets in the Los Angeles area. They swear by shopping locally or by visiting stores such as the Santa Monica Co-op & A Cut Above Butcher Shop when the farmers markets don’t have all the ingredients they need. As for those home deliveries, as you can imagine from their 300k+ jars of kombucha brewing, they don’t really have time for that (although Justin Timberlake, if you’re reading this, Daina will do a home delivery of Health-Ade for you…). Luckily, their kombucha is now stocked in hundreds of retailers such as Whole Foods so you can easily grab some anytime!
- for the salad:
- 6 pieces of salmon
- 1 lb box of organic baby spinach
- 1 cup organic pistachios (deshelled)
- 2 organic Asian pears
- 2 organic pomegranates, seeded
- 4 oz organic goat cheese
- for the Kombucha Vinaigrette:
- ½ cup organic EVOO
- ½ cup Health-Ade Pomegranate Kombucha
- 1 tbsp organic dijon mustard
- 1 tsp organic honey
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- for the toast (optional):
- organic rosemary toast
- organic butter
- garlic powder
- fresh basil
- In large mixing bowl, combine spinach, pistachios, pears, & pomegranate seeds. Toss to combine.
- In small mixing bowl, combine all Kombucha Vinaigrette ingredients. Whisk until combined.
- Pour vinaigrette over salad ingredients until fully coated. Set aside.
- Cook salmon on the grill until cooked through. Plate salad portions & top each with a piece of salmon. Sprinkle the goat cheese on top of dish.
- Optional: Toast your rosemary bread until golden brown. Top with desired amount of other toast ingredients.
- Serve & enjoy!
large mixing bowl
small mixing bowl
optional: toaster oven
SHOP THIS POST:
*Images by Annie Shak.