In this day and age, it’s can often be tricky knowing what foods are actually good for you. There are so many foods out there marketed as “health foods” & “protein packed” that are filled with artificial ingredients & even chemicals. One category I’ve seen have major issues with this is protein & granola bars. I once bought a granola bar that had more sugar than a pack of M&M’s! As something I’ve struggled with before I thought I’d help y’all out too & round up my 5 favorite bars that are not only delicious but actually good for you.
1. RxBar: First things first, I cannot get over how much their Mixed Berry flavor tastes like a Fruit Roll Up. It’s seriously insane & makes me envious of kids out there who can enjoy tasty treats without sacrificing their health. This flavor totally brings me back to my childhood & is great for when I’m craving something sweet. The best part about RxBar is that their ingredients are easily visible on the front ensuring you that you’re eating something that’s good for you. With an ingredient list such as egg whites, almond, cashews, dates, cranberries, rasperries, strawberries, & natural fruit flavors, it’s truly mind blowing to me that they can make something healthy so tasty. Some of my other favorite flavors include chocolate sea salt & chocolate chip.
2. GoMacro: These were some of the first bars I’ve ever tried & I’ve been hooked on them for years now. While I’m a super-fan of their original bars, they just released Macro Minis (which are quite possibly the cutest bars EVER) & Thrive bars (ancient-seed superfood nut bars) both equally as delicious as the OG bars. In case you’re unfamiliar with GoMacro (uh, have you been living under a rock??) they’re cold-pressed, nut-butter based nutrition bars. Since they’re nut-butter based, they easily supply you with a dose of healthy fats & will keep you feeling full longer.
3. Papa Steve’s Protein Bars: Since I’ve been working out more, I’ve been focusing on incorporating more protein into my diet. It helps in building muscle & keeping your bones healthy PLUS it makes you feel full longer. I typically enjoy these bars in the morning after a workout however they’re so tasty I sometimes sneak one in after dinner too! Their Wild Blueberry Almond flavor has 12g of protein & is vegan which only confirms the ingredients are good for you (their ingredient list is next level good). I always feel full at least 3-4 hours after eating one which is so crazy & amazing to me. I also loooove that they’re made right here in sunny SoCal!
4. BEAUTYfood by Kalumi: As you guys know, I’m a sucker for cute packaging so it’s no wonder I felt adamant on trying these bars from Kalumi. With their mini doodles & fancy fonts, I was totally game for whatever they were selling. Then I read what was in these bars PLUS the amazing flavors they had to offer & was immediately hooked. As if all that wasn’t convincing enough, Kalumi was developed by two models, yes models, so basically I feel if I eat like them, I’ll look like them? Hey a girl can dream! Anyway, all their bars are gluten free, non-GMO, non-dairy, soy free & natural which is pretty much a dream come true.
5. This Bar Saves Lives: A tasty bar that’s good for you AND good for the world? Count me in. This Bar Saves Lives does exactly what it sounds like: for every bar sold, TBSL donates life-saving food to a child in need. As if you need another reason to buy them, these bars are ridiculously tasty & such a great on-the-go option. They come in a variety of flavors such as dark chocolate cherry sea salt & madagascar vanilla almond honey. And yes, they all taste just as good as they sound.
SHOP THIS POST:
PIN FOR LATER: