Most candies are actually really difficult to create at home. Lots require gelatin or thermometers to get them juuuust right. If I’m being honest, most are kind of terrifying once you find out what’s truly in them. These however are beyond simple to create &, to make them even better, they’re actually much healthier than all candies out there! So as you can probably imagine, you make these treats by melting chocolate in a muffin tin, top them with almond butter & then top with even more chocolate. Pretty simple right? Here’s the thing, to truly perfect these I realized it was the types of products I was using. Sunspire dairy-free chocolate dream semi-sweet chips ensured that this was a much healthier option while MaraNatha almond butter was thick enough to mold so the almond butter didn’t spill over the sides resulting in a marbled cup. Anyway they’re ridiculously tasty & if you need a last minute gift for someone this holiday season these would be amazing & so thoughtful! Bonus points if you leave some out for Santa this year 😉
- 2½ cup (dairy-free) chocolate chips, melted & divided
- 6 tsp almond butter (the thicker the better!), divided
- Fill cupcake tray with cupcake liners & lightly spray with baking spray.
- In measuring cup melt 1 cup of chocolate chips for 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until smooth & fully melted. Place ¾ tsp melted chocolate into the bottom of each cupcake liner. Gently smooth chocolate onto the bottom of each liner until the bottom of each is fully covered. Place in the fridge for 2 hours or freezer for 1 hour.
- Top each frozen chocolate disc in the center with ½ tsp almond butter. Place back in the fridge for 2 hours or freezer for 1 hour.
- Melt 1½ cups chocolate chips in measuring cup for 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until smooth & fully melted. Pour remaining chocolate (roughly 1-1¼ tsp) over each cup & place back in the fridge for 4 hours or freezer for 2 hours. Serve & enjoy!
12 cup cupcake tin
12 cupcake liners
PIN FOR LATER: