Back in 2014 upon discovering she was allergic to gluten, Nicole Cogan the founder of NoBread (a site dedicated to gluten-free restaurants, recipes, & more), knew she didn’t just need to make a diet change but a lifestyle one. At the time she was working in finance where the majority of her nights were spent taking clients to dinners. Dinners where gluten-free food just wasn’t an option. Nearly four years later, Nicole has amassed a following of both gluten-free & gluten eaters alike, & shares about all things gluten-free. I know what you’re thinking, “if she eats ‘NoBread’ then why is this a recipe for bread?”. Over the years Nicole has created tons of gluten-free recipes based on foods she could no longer eat & luckily for us, this is one of them. Whether you eat gluten or not, Nicole’s GF Banana Bread recipe is a must-make.
Speaking of must’s, I caught up with Nicole at Parachute Hotel in Venice where she shared with me all of her favorite things in a fun Q&A below!
Favorite Restaurants in Los Angeles:
Great White, Rose Cafe (just down the street from Parachute Hotel), Zinque, Sweetfin, FlowerBoy, HoneyHi, & Ruby’s (in NYC too!)
Go To Drink Order:
Coconut Milk Matcha Latte from Erewhon
Almonds, Pecans, Coconut Wraps, Almond Butter, Coconut Butter
Eggs, Avocado, Raspberries, Coconut Cult Yogurt (she assured me it was totally worth the hefty price!), Almond Milk, Spinach
A BWBK smoothie that includes almond milk, spinach, avocado, chia seeds, blueberries, & vanilla protein powder
Favorite Gluten-Free Brands:
Bob’s Red Mill & Spread The Love
- 2 cups ap gluten-free flour
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup dairy free butter
- ½-1 cup dairy-free/gluten-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. In large mixing bowl,combine gluten-free flour, baking soda, & salt. Stir to combine.
- In a separate (microwaveable safe) large mixing bowl, melt butter & stir to combine with the brown sugar.
- Add your sugar/butter mixture to the other bowl & mix until everything is combined.
- In medium mixing bowl, mash the bananas until smooth.
- In separate medium mixing bowl, whisk your eggs until smooth. Combine the eggs & bananas. Mix until smooth. Stir all ingredients into one mixing bowl & add your chocolate chips.
- Spray a 9.5x5.5in bread pan with baking spray & pour batter into the pan. Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick is inserted & comes out clean. Let cool 15 minutes, serve, & enjoy!
2 large mixing bowls
2 medium mixing bowls
9.5x5.5in bread pan
Shop Nicole’s Favorite Things:
Luci's Morsels says
I love finding a good gluten free recipe! This bread sounds amazing, love the addition of chocolate chips, so tasty!
Luci’s Morsels | fashion. food. frivolity.
Yay!! So glad you love this one!! xx