We’ll keep this short & sweet (literally) today because let’s be honest, you’re not here to read about why we made this recipe or how much we loooove this recipe. We know you’re here just to recreate this recipe & drool over it until it’s complete in your kitchen. We get it.
However if you’re a skeptic over the concept of a vegan cheesecake, we also get it. We were too. Until we tried this one & honestly, not sure if there’s a reason to ever go back to the real stuff. Eating this vegan cheesecake is how we imagine Rachel felt after that cheesecake was wrongfully sent to her in season 7 of Friends. If you’re still reading this & not already whipping out the chocolate chips, props to you. Honestly, props to you either way. A few tips to note though if you’re planning ahead. First, make sure to only use edible flowers. Second, if you’re having trouble getting the flowers to stick to the cake, use peanut butter! Last but not least, a springform pan is totally necessary for this as it keeps your cheesecake lookin’ pretty & easy to remove from the pan when ready to serve.
- for the cookie dough:
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 3 tsp almond milk
- 2 tsp pure vanilla paste (can sub for pure vanilla extract if you'd prefer)
- a pinch of salt
- ¾ cup chocolate chips, vegan
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup coconut oil
- for the cheesecake:
- 3¼ cups raw cashews, soaked 4 hours min.
- ⅔ cup fresh lemon juice
- ⅔ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 3 tsp water
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste (can sub for pure vanilla extract if you'd prefer)
- chocolate chips, vegan
- In large bowl, combine all cookie dough ingredients & stir until dough forms.
- Line bottom of springform pan with parchment paper & spray sides with baking spray. Press cookie dough into the bottom of the locked tray in an even layer covering the entire bottom.
- Add all the cheesecake ingredients to blender except the chocolate chips & blend until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips with a spatula & spread mixture over cookie dough. Place in freezer for 2 hours minimum. Serve & enjoy!
SHOP THIS POST:
PIN FOR LATER: