Y’all are probably already aware that we’re MAJOR cookie addicts here at PLSR. We take cookie recipe development, cookie eating, & buying cookies very, very seriously. Luckily you all seem to feel the exact same. You went crazy for Arielle Lorre’s healthy cookie recipe, are constantly remaking our cookie dough chia seed pudding, & are always asking for more which we love! That’s why we’re so excited to share this perfect yet somehow healthy (!!) cookie recipe that is, in our opinion, everything we’ve ever wanted in a cookie. The base comes from almond flour & coconut sugar, two much better-for-you baking alternatives. The next main ingredient is nut butter which we used B.Nutty Totally Toffee peanut butter that is LIFE. CHANGING. Made with honey roasted peanuts to provide a smooth base, this PB also contains bits of toffee, milk chocolate & almonds. Perfect for a chunky monkey cookie & to eat by the spoonful, right?! The toffee bakes into a caramelized crunch within the cookie which is honestly heavenly. We, of course, added in banana, more chocolate chip, a smidge of vanilla extract & a few other ingredients to make this cookie one of our favorites ever.
SHOP THIS POST:
- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup B. Nutty Totally Toffee Nut Butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- 2 bananas mashed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup coconut flakes
- 3 tbsp slivered almonds, you can use any chopped or slivered nut - almonds just have the most neutral flavor
- salt flakes, for topping
- banana chips, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In large mixing bowl, combine almond flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, chia seeds, almond slivers, cinnamon, & coconut flakes. Stir to combine.
- In separate large mixing bowl, mash the bananas with the back of a fork until slightly chunky. Add in your nut butter, maple syrup, & vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Pour nut butter mixture into dry ingredient mixture bowl. Stir to combine. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop the dough (it will be sticky) into 12 equal mounds on the baking sheet (you'll have to do this in rounds as the cookies spread slightly when baking). Using the back of your spoon, smooth out the edges until cookie shape is round.
- Bake cookies for 13-15 minutes or until top is slightly golden brown. Immediately top cookies with a banana chip in the center of each & a sprinkle of salt flakes. Serve & enjoy!
2 large mixing bowls
PIN FOR LATER:
*Thank you B.Nutty for sponsoring this post!