Whipped ricotta is a huge food trend that we see no end in sight for. After all, who doesn’t love pillowy, fluff balls of CHEESE?! Believe it or not, whipped ricotta is super easy to make. You can whip ricotta in your blender, food processor (this one is only $35), or with a stand (this one is only $35 too!) or handheld mixer. We made ours in the food processor which could not have been simpler. Our whipped ricotta was infused with cinnamon & vanilla, along with a teensy bit of sugar because well, why not! Paired with fresh sourdough bread, slices of banana & a drizzle of honey, this recipe is a must-make.
SHOP THIS POST:
- 1 cup fresh ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- four ½-inch-thick slices sourdough (or your favorite type of...) bread
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 bananas, sliced
- honey, for drizzling
- In food processor (or mixing bowl with mixer) combine ricotta, sugar, cinnamon & vanilla. Blend until combined & fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. *If using the food processor or blender, hit "puree".
- Slice bread into ½ inch pieces & brush (or drizzle) front & back with EVOO. Toast or grill until golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side (watch closely as toasters vary).
- Remove bread from toaster & top with ricotta mixture. Slice bananas & place on top of ricotta. Drizzle with honey, serve & enjoy!
PIN FOR LATER: