Hot chocolate has always been one of my weaknesses however after a horrid story someone told me about, let’s just say a “critter”, they found in their boxed hot chocolate, I’ve stayed away from it all together. This year though I was determined to create the most delicious hot chocolate recipe that not only tasted perfect but was filled with healthy ingredients. I swapped out regular cocoa powder for cacao powder, which as Alyssa Lynch taught me in our most recent interview, is a much better option. I also used almond milk instead of regular milk which keeps the recipe dairy-free & also used maple syrup (honey works great too!) instead of granulated sugar to keep blood sugar levels from spiking. The recipe is SO easy to make & I’ve been enjoying it nightly since creating it. I have a feeling you will too!
SHOP THIS POST:
- 3 cups almond milk
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cacao powder
- 3 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- pinch of pink sea salt
- optional toppings:
- whipped coconut cream (simply whip a can of coconut cream with an electric mixer until fluffy)
- chopped dark chocolate bar
- In a small pot over medium heat, whisk all ingredients together and bring to a simmer. Pour into a mug and enjoy.
PIN FOR LATER: