It’s pretty obvious now how obsessed I am with all Maya Kaimal products & their new rice packets are no exception. Whether you choose the plain or turmeric & cumin, you’re going to love these rices. As always with any Maya Kaimal product, their ingredients are super clean (only 6 ingredients in this rice!) & loaded with nutrients (this rice has 7% of your daily needs for fiber & 8% for iron). I paired this rice with some fresh produce, spinach, garlic & onion, as well as a simple tahini sauce to balance out the incredible spices. It’s such an easy meal & does really well prepped ahead of time.
SHOP THIS POST:
- 3 tbsp EVOO
- ½ yellow onion, sliced thin
- 3-4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 packets of Maya Kaimal Surekha Rice Turmeric & Cumin
- ½ cup tahini
- generous pinch of salt
- pepper, to taste
- 6 tbsp water
- giant handful of spinach
- optional: 1 tbsp honey (this will add a hint of sweetness to balance out the spices)
- In medium skillet, add EVOO & onions over low-medium heat. Let cook until translucent.
- Add garlic too skillet & cook 1-2 minutes or until garlic turns golden brown.
- Add in the rice & let cook 3-4 minutes. Then pour in the tahini, water, spinach, salt & pepper (& honey if using it!). Stir to combine & cook another 2-3 minutes.
PIN FOR LATER:
*Thank you Maya Kaimal for sponsoring this post!