This gluten-free buckeye cookies recipe is SO easy to make and beyond delicious. Growing up in Ohio, buckeyes quickly became a staple. Since I’ve been stuck in LA for a bit due to the pandemic, I was craving a bit of home and this cookies is just that.
What Are The Ingredients For Buckeyes?
Buckeyes are a combination of chocolate and peanut butter. Typically, they come in the form of a candy but I wanted to mix things up a bit! The flavor combination of the peanut butter, chocolate and sea salt is so delicious. These cookies are made with just a few ingredients, most of which you likely already have in your home. If you aren’t a peanut butter fan or have an allergy, feel free to swap out for any other nut butter or you can forgo the peanut butter entirely. The cookies are great on their own too!
SHOP THIS POST:
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup chocolate chips/chunks
- ⅓ cup creamy peanut butter
- flakey sea salt, to taste
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In large mixing bowl, combine almond flour, cacao powder, baking powder and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add in coconut oil, almond milk, vanilla, maple syrup and egg. Stir until everything is fully combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie (or ice cream) scoop, scoop dough onto parchment lined baking sheet at least 1 inch apart. Place tray in fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Bake cookies for 15 minutes. Immediately put a dollop of peanut butter in the center of each cookie and top with flakey sea salt. Let cool 3 minutes, serve and enjoy!
cookie (or ice cream) scoop
PIN FOR LATER: