This vegan garlic butter rice recipe is a staple in my kitchen. It’s super easy to make, requires minimal ingredients and is beyond delicious. Made with vegan butter, I like to caramelize the garlic first and then add in the rice to cook. It makes for super easy cleanup too as everything is made in one pot.
How Should I Serve This Garlic Butter Rice?
This garlic butter rice recipe can be served as either a side or entree. I also love adding a little chili oil to it if I’m in the mood for some heat. It’s such a versatile dish that pairs perfectly with meat or veggies as well. Another way to mix it up is by swapping out or adding another herb. You can use both fresh and dried herbs in this recipe and while I used dried thyme, other great options are: rosemary, cilantro (with a splash of lime too!), oregano, or parsley.
SHOP THIS POST:
- 4 tbsp vegan butter
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1 cups uncooked Jasmine rice (or any other white rice)
- 2 cups water
- ½ tsp thyme, optional
- Over medium heat, melt 2 tbsp butter in medium-sized pot. Add in the garlic, salt and pepper. Stir until garlic starts to get golden brown (roughly 2-3 minutes).
- Add in the rice and water. Bring to a boil and then cover and reduce to a simmer.
- Uncover, add in the remaining 2 tbsp butter and fluff rice with a rubber spatula. Add in the thyme if using, stir and enjoy!
PIN FOR LATER:
This looks so delicious and easy. I can’t wait to try it! Thanks 🙂
Caitlin Lee says